Botox is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments available today. It helps combat the signs of aging by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. While this treatment is popular, there are also several misconceptions surrounding it. Many people don’t understand what it is and how it works, which is why they are wary of the procedure.
At Lasair Alexis M.D., we can administer Botox injections and dermal fillers to give you a more youthful appearance. Our goal is to make sure the results are natural as well as comfortable, so you retain a level of expressiveness. Here’s a look at some facts about Botox:
What Is It?
Botox is essentially a neurotoxin called botulinum toxin extracted from Clostridium botulinum bacteria. This might sound unsafe and intimidating, but this diluted extract is perfectly safe when administered by a professional. Experts know how to use this compound in safe doses to ensure your skin looks youthful without causing any severe side-effects.
This solution works by numbing the muscles under your skin, which helps prevent frequent contractions. Without this numbing agent, the muscles under the skin contract thousands of times each day. This doesn’t cause any problems if you have supple skin, but your skin becomes less elastic as you age, and such movements can cause wrinkles.
Botox immediately reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also lifts the skin by your eyes and between your brows.
The application procedure varies from one patient to another. Most providers will take a customized approach based on your particular requirements. Here’s a look at what happens during the procedure:
- The technician will carefully examine your skin to smoothen the areas where wrinkles and lines are most prominent.
- They will mark out the injection sites clearly and double-check them. The goal is to ensure the results are natural, and your face doesn’t look stiff or expressionless from the treatment.
- The technician may apply a numbing agent to remove the sting from injections. Some clinics use ice to numb the area instead of any chemical gels. That’s a suitable solution for clients with particularly sensitive skin.
- Experts then administer safe doses of Botox at the marked spots. They will check your skin for an adverse reaction between every Botox injection.
- The procedure takes just a few minutes, especially if you don’t have many areas of concern.
Once the Botox is administered, the technician will clean your skin and ensure there’s no bleeding before calling the session done. You can carry on with your day after the treatment. Most patients don’t experience any severe side effects after Botox or dermal fillers if experienced professionals perform the procedures. You may have some redness and stiffness for a couple of days after the procedure, but it will go away.
If you want to know more about how we Botox or dermal fillers, we at Lasair Alexis M.D can help. You can call us at 303 782 5082 or use our contact form to reach us.