There is a Kiswahili phrase that goes something like this: “Kuuliza si vibaya”. In its literal translation, the phrase means: “To ask is not bad.”
How many times have you heard someone say, “You can learn anything on YouTube.” Well, there’s a reason they say this – it’s true!
Asking for help or admitting that we do not know something can be quite humbling – but in a day and age where answers to almost all practical questions seem to be tickling our fingertips, there are no longer excuses for not asking.
But YouTube isn’t the only convenient place to learn how to plant a tomato or cut your dog’s hair – you can now find these things out by downloading from an endless selection of free apps.
Today we want to share with you some of Denver’s Lasair Aesthetic Health’s favorite free beauty apps.
So, check them out and ask those questions! Kuuliza si vibaya.
(the below descriptions are from Harper's Bazaar and Popsugar)
1) Kenneth Willardt: The Beauty Book is a companion app to the photographer’s coffee-table book. You can swipe through the gorgeous portraits digitally along with owning the hardbound volume
2) Do you often get caught watching YouTube tutorials for hours on end? Then Bellashoot is going to be your mobile app addiction. You can get product reviews, tutorials, and tips from your favorite beauty bloggers with just a few taps.
3) You know that one nail polish shade you love but can never remember the name of? Well, Nail Snob takes care of that problem. You can scan and save the info on your favorite lacquer hues including a photo of the hue on your nails! It’s an essential for nail art fiends who have extensive color collections.
4) This beauty app uses facial-recognition-like technology to determine your skin tone, hair type, eye color, and undertones from a photo. From there, Plum Perfect uses that info to customize your makeup recommendations. It’s the all the skills from a makeup pro wrapped into a pocket-sized assistant.
5) Unfortunately, the ingredients in our cosmetics and skin care products can undergo questionable testing before they hit shelves. The Leaping Bunny app helps make sure the products you use haven’t been tested on animals. There is a comprehensive list of brands you can trust, and you can shop for anything from dish detergents to fragrances.
6) With the Nevus app on hand, you have no more excuses for skipping sunscreen. You can set an alarm to remind you to reapply, and it will even tell you how much to put on with the visualizer. The app also has a section to help you document any unusual moles and get product recommendations from your dermatologist. Nevus makes going to the beach a much safer situation for your skin.
7) L’Oreal’s new app is a game-changer for any beauty lover. Gone are the days of visiting drugstores or makeup counters to try on countless smudges of different shades—this app has a real-time camera that allows you to virtually try on any beauty product or shade. The camera acts as a mirror and allows you to try on different beauty looks, showing the makeup on your face as you move. With this app you can also try different makeup looks from the red carpet, seen on celebs like Lupita Nyong’o or Jennifer Lopez.
8) To track your beauty sleep and health regimen, the Misfit Shine app works via Misfit’s fitness tracking watches. Through Misfit’s app you can monitor food intake, daily activity and your sleep cycle—and then you can set goals for your sleep, diet and exercise routine. Bringing a new definition to “beauty sleep,” the app’s sleeptracker works with a smart alarm to get you on a sleeping schedule that will make you feel energized and well-rested. To keep you on track for those 2015 health and diet resolutions, the app also comes with a food tracking log and suggested activity levels to meet each day.
At Lasair Aesthetic Health, we are ready and excited to answer all of your cosmetic questions. You can book an online appointment or call us today at (303) 782-5082.
Dr. Alexis Parker and her skilled technicians offer the best non-surgical anti-aging solutions in Denver. We encourage all our patients to retain youthful, beautiful skin, regardless of their age! To learn more about our Denver office and the cosmetic dermatology treatments we offer, please contact us today.
Also, make sure to like us on Facebook, add us to your circles on Google+ and you can also subscribe to our Blog to stay up to date and read about our great treatments, specials and health & beauty tips three times per week!